2013年6月7日星期五

Exercising While Gaming in WOW



I remember after buying a world of warcraft account, and WOW money. I see a video of some guy who hooked up a treadmill to his computer to move his character about back in Vanilla days.  Back then you actually had to run across the zones to get from one point to another... he would run from one end of the continent to another.  So not really a new idea was done a long time ago.

As for losing weight, if you truly wish to lose weight, you'd remove all distractions from your workout... playing a video game, talking on the phone, or watching tv affects your intensity.  If you're going to work out, work out.  The reason you packed on all those pounds is because you took on a casual lathargic sedentary life.  I don't know how many people I see at the gym sitting on equipment barely doing anything but fully engaged in reading some book, watching tv, or chatting it up.  Counter-productive to say the least.  This gimmick doesn't get you to work out because you're focused more on the game than on the workout.

I have actually made one of those already. I have had it for two years. I can focus on the task at hand well at about 2.5 mph. Any faster and its hard to concentrate on the game.
I made one for my mother too. She loves it. She plays card games online. She said she can walk and play for three hours and not realize that much time has past.Or you could just hit the gym/track for 30 minutes to an hour. I love me some gaming but I don't see this solving the problem of gamers getting fit. I know many fit gamers and for them it isn't about some gimmick, it's about taking care of themselves. Many people have a hard time getting in shape and it has little to do with being a gamer and more to do with themselves.
Anyone else find it ironic that people who are trolling on a MMORPG forum are giving excercise critiques, advice, and commentary.   As if many of you are fit to give proper exercise advice.  As if even 10% of people on here know the first thing about nuitrition or exercise lol.    Not only are the users MMO players, but they are also so lazy that when they are not plying they are posting on here.   This is a unique creative idea, how effective it is, I (as well as most of you) would not know because we are all probably, at best, of average build and health

没有评论:

发表评论