2019年4月29日星期一

how to clean copper grill mat made of teflon

Is it easy to clean, unlike other copper grill mat i purchased where the mats don't get cleaned and you need to throw the mats. You need to put it in the sink like other dishes and then use soap and water... cleaned like a charm for me.  What happens to these when you might exceed the 600 degree value? Does Teflon component break down? then become toxic and enter food? What happens to these when you might exceed the 600 degree value? What happens to these when you might exceed the 600 degree value? Does Teflon component break down? then become toxic and enter food? Are these easy to clean & how long to they last?  can you use it on a camping stove?
copper grill mat


Hi Terry, I do not recommend using this on a camping stove as it is not intended for direct contact with flame. However, you could put a griddle or pan on the stove and then cut a kona grill mat to fit on top of that. However, you could use it over a campfire (no flame contact) on grates. You want a 7-8" gap from the coals. I definitely would never use aluminum foil directly on a camping stove! It will burn up and puncture leaking whatever it is you are cooking on the stove. Just curious, but PTFE is only non-toxic up to 500 degrees F. At 600 degrees it's questionable to cook food on. Why are you saying 600 degrees?

I believe that if you cook on it after the flames die down, it is below 500 degrees.  will these grill mats fit on State or County park public grills ? That might depend on what state you live in. We use ours on our small home gas grill. It’s no big deal if it would drape a little over the grill edge . an I leave it on the grill and just use heat from grill to clean it off the next time I use it I suppose you could, but don't think I would. Just my opinion. I just remove it from grill, BBQ grill mat it cools quickly, roll it up so it doesn't spill and bring in with the spatula, bowls, etc. and wash them all at the same time. Everything is ready for next time. Sometimes monsters grow on food particles if left till next time.


How long are these suppose to last? i purchased mine in nov 17 and it is falling apart. my bar-b-que does not get up over 600 degrees. I'm not sure. I've used mine only once. The insert states they have a 7-year warranty though.

没有评论:

发表评论